Top Ten Tuesday is hosted each week by That Artsy Reader Girl and allows us to combine our love of books with our love of lists. This week’s topic is: a Love Freebie! So I decided to talk a little bit about some of my favorite romances and couples that I’ve read in young adult books.
It’s probably no secret that I love romances. I rare read books that don’t have some sort of romance in them. I don’t know why but I really just love reading about people falling in love. It’s so great to see people as they realize how they feel about each other and see people making those connections and watching their chemistry develop and finally sharing their feelings with each other. I just love that journey between people and when it’s done well, it makes me never want to put the book down! There’s no shortage of romances anywhere but that doesn’t mean they’re all great. Here are the ones in YA books that I’ve really loved:
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi: Perry and Aria will always be one of my favorite romances in YA. It was one of the first that I absolutely loved and felt so swoony about! I was so skeptical going in but in the end, I loved it.
- Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen: I sort of have a thing for Robin Hood so I was probably going to love this no matter what but I loved seeing Rob and Scar fall in love. They’re story is full of struggles and obstacles but that just makes it so much sweeter when they end up together.
- The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson: This is a slow burn romance that I wasn’t even sure was going to happen until later in the series. But it was so worth the wait. I still have my favorite scenes between these two and I can’t wait to reread the series!
- Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett: This was my first book by Jenn and I absolutely loved it! There was already a ton of hype for these two before I finally got it so I was a little nervous but their romance is super cute and swoony and it made me start reading all of Jenn’s books. I can’t wait for Starry Eyes later this year!
- Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally: I loved all of the Hundred Oaks couples but Annie and Jeremiah are my favorite. I loved their story and their romance and how he was there for her through her pain and struggles and waited until she was ready to move on and I just love them so much.
- Every Breath by Ellie Marney: I loved this series and Rachel and Mycroft are a complicated pair but I loved them so much. There stories are so dramatic and emotional and these two are just perfect for each other. If you love Sherlock Holmes stories, you really need to read this series.
- I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios: I read this book in one day. I just could not put it down. I loved these characters so much and their individual stories as well as their journey together. I highly recommend it!
- Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer: I wasn’t really sure what to expect with this one and actually put it off for a little bit but when I finally started it, I was blown away. The characters are so moving and their situations are so emotional, I couldn’t help but love it and had so many hopes for the two of them. I’m so excited for More Than We Can Tell, which is a companion to this one.
- The Distance Between Us by Kasie West: This was my first Kasie West book and still my favorite. These two together are so much fun and have so much chemistry and snark, how could it not make this list?!?!
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzie Lee: I love the chemistry between these two characters and watching them realize how they feel for each other. I have lots of hope for these two and hope we’ll get to see more of them soon!
What are some of your favorite YA couples?