I’m so excited to be participating in Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon again! It’s been a couple of years since I’ve officially participated in one of these but this year the readathon is celebrating 10 years and it feel on a weekend that only has ONE soccer game, so I felt like it was the right time to jump in again. I’m so grateful to all of the ladies who started this event so many years ago and the ones who have continued to run it and keep it going for the rest of us. You can jump over the their site to learn more about Dewey’s Readathon, how the readathon started, and how to participate.
But for now, it’s time to read! The readathon officially started at 8am EST but you can still join in. I won’t be able to read for 24 hours because I’ll be going to a soccer game later and will be doing some family stuff throughout the day and will have to sleep at some point. But I’ll read as much as I can and have already informed my family that I will be locking myself away for at least part of the day.
I have a pile of books set aside for the day but my main goals are these two books:
Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao: I’m starting the readathon about 100 pages into this one and I’m really excited to continue it and see where it goes. When I sit and focus, it actually goes pretty fast so I’m sure I’ll be able to finish this one today.
Into the Bright Unknown by Rae Carson: I’m starting this one about 50 pages in but I’m absolutely loving it so it’ll be another easy one to finish. I’ll also be a little sad to finish this one because I’ve loved the whole series.
After those, I have a stack of books to choose from but I’m just going to go with how I feel at that point. I’ve only finished two books so far this month, so I’m really hoping this readathon will help me get me back on track!
I’m not sure yet if where or when I’ll be posting updates. I’m going to try to follow the readathon blog throughout the day as much as possible for their hourly posts but I definitely won’t be updating my own posts that often. At the very least, I’ll include a final update here with how the 24 hours went.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m joining in from Ohio.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Probably Into the Bright Unknown. I’ve loved both of the books in the series so far and hoping it’ll be the same for this one.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I got some new tea that I’m excited to try and some Milano cookies!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I hate these questions. I’m a wife and a mom to two kids. I stay at home. I read a lot of YA books. There’s not a lot to tell.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I haven’t participated for a couple of years but I think I’ll try to focus on spreading my snacks out and this time I’ll be drinking tea throughout the day rather than a ton of coffee in the morning like last time. That didn’t work so well and I was done by like 9pm.
Are you participating in the readathon?!