I’m so excited to be hosting a challenge for the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon again! I love these read-a-thons and I hope you are all having a great week so far. And if you haven’t read as much as you had hoped, don’t worry, it’s still early in the week. I always hope to read more than I actually end up having time for. But that’s what makes this read-a-thon so great. Its focus is low stress reading with chances to meet new readers and have fun some fun. And I love that!
So I’m here today to (hopefully!) provide you with some fun! I’m hosting a Character Coupling Challenge. Here is how it works –
- You must take two characters from two different books and put them together in a relationship. Make sure you list the book and author that the characters comes from.
- You must explain why you put them together.
- The relationship is up to you (friendship, romantic, parental, etc.), let’s just keep it appropriate, please.
- Characters must come from different books and series. Same author is okay with me as long as they aren’t in the same series or a companion series.
- Post your couple wherever you are updating your progress. It can be your blog, Twitter, Goodreads, YouTube, etc. You’ll need the link to post in the Rafflecopter for the giveaway.
I would send Sophronia from the Finishing School series by Gail Carriger on a date with Neville from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling because Sophronia is sassy, loyal, and not afraid of danger and Neville is a rule follower, brave, and loyal. Together they would balance each other out but still feel like they could depend on each other, Sophronia might make better choices with Neville’s guidance and Neville would come more out of his shell with Sophronia leading the way.
To go along with the Challenge, I’m hosting a giveaway! One winner will get their choice of book valued up to 10USD. Here are the rules for the giveaway!
- To be eligible for the giveaway, you must be signed up for Bout of Books and complete the challenge and post it to your updates.
- You must fill out the Rafflecopter.
- The challenge and giveaway are open for only 24 hrs. (12am CST January 7 – 12am CST January 8)
- You must be at least 18 years old or have a parent’s permission to enter.
- The contest is open to International readers, so long as The Book Depository ships to you. (<–click the link to check if TBD ships to you if you don’t know)
- There will be one winner who will receive their choice of book up to $10.
- I will contact the winner via email by Tuesday the 13th and they must respond within 48 hours or I will have to choose another winner.
- I’m not responsible for items that may get lost or damaged during delivery.
- Any entries that don’t follow the rules will be deleted.
That’s it! So go forth and couple up those characters and share them with us!