Top Ten Tuesday is hosted each week by The Broke and The Bookish and allows us to combine our love of books with our love of lists. This week’s topic is: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2015 — bookish, blogging or otherwise!
Honestly, guys, resolutions and New Year’s goals are one of my least favorite things about the New Year. (The other being feeling like such a hermit for not even wanting to go out on New Year’s Eve.) But starting over and setting up goals is a good thing, so I always end up trying a few. I like starting out the new year with a clean slate and I definitely want to improve on my previous year, so I have a few goals in mind. I’m splitting them up between bookish goals, blogging goals, and real life goals. Here they are!
- I really want to finish the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Finally. I want this to be the year I actually do that.
- I want to start finishing series that I’ve already started and, in a lot of cases, already own! I have a terrible habit of never finishing the last book (or two) in a series and I really need to start getting some closure on these series and moving on. I’m signing up for a challenge this year that deals specifically with this!
- I want to up my Goodreads Reading Challenge to 110 books this year. I’ve come so close the last couple of years, I really want to push myself that last little bit.
- I want to change the layout of my blog. I don’t know how or what, yet, but I want it to look more professional, or something. Eventually. I’m terrible at design and coding and I can’t build a website worth crap, so I’m not entirely sure what I’ll do but maybe my goal should be to learn how to make a website so I can do my own. I don’t know. I’m still working on this one. Also, organizing all of the old stuff. So basically, updating the blog!
- I want to reach out more to other bloggers, interact more, comment more. Sometimes I feel so isolated here. It takes a lot of work for me to keep up my blog and so most of the time I have available goes to blogging and reading. Then there isn’t a lot left over for doing the other stuff. I want to change that a little in the new year and make more time for interacting.
- I want to start a fun feature. I don’t know what yet but I think it would be great and would help me bring more original content to my blog.
- I want to go to BEA.
Real Life Goals
- Be healthier. This is a goal I have every year including last year. But I actually stuck to it, a little bit. I am healthier than I was at this time last year. But this year, I want to cut down on sugar and up my cardio. Those are the two main goals I have for this goal and the ones that will be the toughest for me because I love candy and soda and hate exercise. So here’s hoping I can keep this one up and not die from it!
- Live more for the moment and stop wishing time away. My kids turned 9 and 6 this year and none of us are getting any younger. I want to stop being afraid of things and stop caring about what other people think so much and just enjoy what I have and take the opportunities as they become available. Basically, enjoy more things and stop caring about stupid shit.
- Finally do some work on the house. Our house is old and needs a lot of work. I’ve put it off because I’m scared. Scared of what we’ll find when we start taking stuff apart, scared about making decisions on it, scared about whether we’ll be moving soon and if putting money into would just be worthless then. I have a hard time talking to people and inviting them all into my house day-after-day seems like a big deal. I need to get over all of this and finally do the work that needs to be done. That’s definitely a goal for this year!
What are some of your goals for 2015?