Top Ten Tuesday is hosted each week by The Broke and The Bookish and allows us to combine our love of books with our love of lists. This week’s topic is: Top Ten Book Characters That Would Be Sitting At My Lunch Table.
I don’t know how you guys are, but I’m absolutely terrible at remembering character’s names. Terrible. Almost as bad as I am with remembering people’s names in real life. It’s just not a skill I have. So please forgive me if this list turns out a little short. Or if every character description is “that one character, from that one book, with the blue cover.” I promise I’ll do my best, if you promise not to judge me too harshly. Cool? Cool. Here we go…
1. If my dreams were to come true, my cafeteria would look like this:
And my tablemates would look a little like this:
But I think we all know in reality, I’d be a Hufflepuff.
2. Cath from Fangirl. Though we’d probably both be too shy to ever actually sit together, I kind of feel like we’re soulmates and should experience the horror of the cafeteria at lunchtime together.
3 & 4. Perry and Roar from Under the Never Sky. Honestly, I’d never be cool enough to sit with them. But I don’t care. This is my list and my alternate reality and in it, I will be sitting at a lunch table next to Perry and across from Roar.
5. Veronica Mars. So technically she was a TV character while in high school and is an adult as a book character but I’m letting that slide. I’d totally want to be friends with her and Wallace and Mac. And since they’re all outsiders and I’m not exactly a popular crowd kind of girl, I think we could all sit together and be friends.
6. The Gang from Anna and the French Kiss. I mean, not that I would want to get between Anna and St. Clair or anything, but I’d definitely want to be friends with them and sit at their table. And Lola and Cricket and Isla and Josh. Everyone would have to be there.
7. Charlie from On the Fence. While I don’t have a particular talent for sports, I do enjoy playing them. I’m too competitive to sit out. Also, I’m not particularly girly. So I think we’d get along. Plus, I’m pretty sure I’d have a crush on her brothers and would want a way to get closer to them.
Okay, I’m out. This list was really hard. Plus, there’s no way I’d want to go back to high school lunch. I know I lived through it and even have some of good memories of lunch, but even still, whenever I think of it I always think of this
and I get all panicky. So I’m cutting it off here. Please tell me who else I should have put on this list. What book characters did you make room for at your table? Did you pick characters who are like yourself or your favorite characters or ones you really thought you’d be friends with? I can’t wait to see who everyone wants to sit with!