It’s almost exactly halfway through the year and I’m almost exactly halfway through my Goodreads reading challenge for the year (49/100). So it’s the perfect time for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by the awesome The Broke and the Bookish) topic – the Top Ten Books I’ve Read So Far In 2013. It’s been an interesting year for books already, but I’ve read some that I’ve really loved. There are books published in 2013 here but also some older books that I just discovered this year. Whenever they were published, they made my list of 2013 favorites (so far!)! Here they are:
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey – I listened to this on audio and it’s the most recent addition to the favorites list. I loved the take on aliens, the different waves, all the characters, and the emotions. There was so much going on but I still want more! Plus, the narrators were awesome.
- The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler – This one was amazing. It looks so light and fluffy, but it is actually deep and emotional with just the right amount of romance. It’s a really great story about family and love.
- Dare You To by Katie McGarry – I loved this one even more than the first one! Ryan and Beth are new favorites!
- Golden by Jessi Kirby – Such an interesting look at living life to the fullest and learning what it is we really want.
- The Distance Between Us and Pivot Point by Kasie West – We get two awesome books from Kasie West this year! TDBU was a really fun romance with a sarcastic main character and Pivot Point was a surprising sci-fi with crazy twists and turns and a few really intense and emotional scenes that really punched me in the gut. I can’t wait for more from her!
- If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman– The If I Stay books are some seriously good YA contemporaries that had me in tears. They were rough, but really good.
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore – This is one of the oldest on the list and one I’m so glad I finally read. This is the way to do fantasy! Plus, I really loved Katsa and Po. They were a great match.
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion – I picked this up because the movie was coming out and I’m so glad I read it before seeing the movie. I really liked the movie too, but this was such a unique take on zombies and the genre as a whole, I loved it. Plus, the writing is beautiful and I might have fallen a little for R.
- Under the Never Sky/Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi – Another series I just picked up this year. UtNS and TtEN are so addicting! The romance is awesome, the characters are fantastic, and the world is interesting. A big bonus for these books? Not only are Aria and Perry awesome, but there are TONS of amazing supporting characters. Roar, anyone?
2013 has been a pretty good year in books for me so far. While I haven’t loved, or even liked, all of the books I’ve read, I had a hard time narrowing down this list to just these! A few honorable mentions: Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo, Catching Liam by Sophia Bleu, Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell, and Requiem by Lauren Oliver.
Where any of these favorites for you this year? Shout out any you loved and leave me a link so I can come and check out the rest of your favorites!