Top Ten Tuesday is hosted each week by The Broke and the Bookish and lets us combine our love of books with our love of lists. This week’s topic is our Top Books on our Fall TBR List! I didn’t do very well with my Top Ten Summer TBR List, reading only four of the ten I mentioned. But I know I’ll eventually get to all of them. This is the list of my top Fall TBR books. I didn’t repeat many books, though maybe I should have carried them over. But there are so many great books coming out this fall, I had to bump them.
In no particular order, here are my Top Ten Fall Books:
- Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill – I have this one from NetGalley and I’m really looking forward to reading it. I’m a sucker for a good YA contemporary romance.
- Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter – I can not wait to read this one. I feel like everyone else has already gotten their hands on a copy. But I’m trying to wait patiently. I hope it’ll be worth the wait.
- Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan – I’m really excited to get my hands on this one. I saw Sarah Rees Brennan talk last month and she was hilarious. I’m looking forward to reading a book with a different take on the telepathic trend.
- Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr – I haven’t read the Wicked Lovely series, but I’m looking forward to this epic fantasy.
- The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling – Does this one need any explanation? I’ve thought about staying away from it, because I love Harry Potter so much. But I need to read this. I need to see what Post-Potter life really looks like. (Even if I really truly hate the cover.)
- The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin – I can not wait to see what happens. After the ending of Unbecoming, I’ve been waiting to find out what’s going to happen to Mara with regards to her past and what will develop between her and Noah. Can’t wait.
- Reached by Ally Condie – I really love this series. It was one of the first I picked up after The Hunger Games and I really enjoyed it. I can’t wait to read the conclusion and hear more from Xander and find out what’s happening in The Society.
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor – I finally read Daughter of Smoke and Bone last month and fell in love just like everyone else. While it might have been a bit slow, the writing was beautiful and fresh and I can’t wait to get more!
- Breathe by Sarah Crossan – I love me a good sci-fi/dystopian mash-up and I’m hoping this will be my next favorite!
- The Spindlers by Lauren Oliver – I love Lauren Oliver. Delirium is one of my favorite books ever. I haven’t read Liesl and Po, but I’m really looking forward to seeing her take on middle-grade fantasy.
I have to say, that’s a great list of books. And I still had to cut so many! Fall is going to be a great time for reading. What are your top fall books? I hope I won’t find too many new ones on these lists because, holy cow, I’m not sure how I’ll read them all!