Top Ten Tuesday is hosted each week by The Broke and the Bookish and lets us combine our love of lists with our love of books. This week's top is our Top Ten Favorite Books You've Read During The Lifespan Of Your Blog. My blog has only been around since March and I've only read about 40 books since then, so it actually wasn't too hard to narrow down the choices for me. Here are the books I picked (in no particular order) as favorites since the birth of my blog.
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare: I've loved this series and especially the second one so far. I can't wait for Clockwork Princess!
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio: This book was beautiful. It's a middle grade read, but really thought-provoking with a happy ending.
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin: I really enjoyed this paranormal mystery. I was totally hooked on the first page!
- Timepiece by Myra McEntire: This was one of my first books I got specifically for review and I was so excited! It's the second in the Hourglass series and I loved it even more than the first.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I remember seeing this book all over the place and thinking it was probably just fluff. But I finally took a chance and read it and was so happy I did! It's one of the best YA contemporary romances I've ever read.
- Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin: This is a brilliant retelling of Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death. I loved the science-fiction/dystopian genre and the little bit of steampunk mixed in. Plus, I'm a fan of Will. I can't wait to read the second half!
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo: I'm a big fan of this fantasy novel as well as its stars Alina, Mal, and The Darkling. I can't wait to see what's next to come for them.
- Something Like Normal by Trish Doller: This is a great contemporary that sort of fits into the New Adult genre people are talking about. But I mostly liked it for the characters and the interesting look at the effects of war on young soldiers.
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: I just read this one a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Fantasy is turning into one of my favorite genres.
- Pushing the Limit by Katie McGarry: This seemed to be one of the most anticipated contemporaries of summer. And I have to say, it totally lived up to my expectations. I loved it.
Okay, those are my top ten favorite books I've read since starting my blog and if you're looking for a book to read, I'd recommend any of them. I can't imagine how hard this topic must be for some of you who've been blogging for so much longer than I have! I can't wait to see your lists and, hopefully, discover some new books!