Top Ten Tuesday is hosted each week by The Broke and the Bookish and lets us combine a love of books with a love of lists. This week's topic is: Top Ten Book Romances That You Think Would Make It In The Real World (outside the book). Here's my list. I don't think there's any insta-love on here anywhere.
- Anna and Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: We all need to believe that Anna and Etienne would live happily ever after, don't we? If they can't make it, I don't think anyone has chance. They're practically one person but they still have friends that they see and spend time with, they think of each other, and they work towards a future together.
- Noah and Echo from Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry: They've both been through a lot and pulled out together on the other side. They worked to find love and really fell for each other. They made mistakes, but worked them out.
- Ron and Hermione from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: Another couple that would be required to last out in the real world. I was not a fan of the epilogue in the movie, but I truly think Ron and Hermione are a perfect match and that they really do love each other enough to survive anything.
- Alice and Jasper from Twilight by Stephanie Meyer: They are adorable together. And they're a team. They work together and protect each other. That's a good match.
- Simon and Isabelle from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare: They had to work to find love. But when they were able to be honest about their feelings, they found each other there. I think they could make it as long as they could continue to trust and be honest.
- Scarlet and Rob from Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen: They want the same things. They believe the same things. They share a past and built a friendship before a romance. I think that can lead to a strong relationship.
- Anne and Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery: I just love them. Their relationship is another that's built on years of moments together, not just a quick attraction.
- Lena and Alex from Delirium by Lauren Oliver: Okay, this is more of a hope than a true belief. They were my favorite. They trusted each other and wanted to build a life together. If they can overcome you-know-what, they could make it in the real world. (I hope they do!)
- Travis and Harper from Something Like Normal by Trish Doller: This is another couple I really liked. They didn't hit it off immediately, but worked and overcame their mistakes. They also went through a lot together and were there for each other, so I think even with a long-distance thing, they are a couple that could last.
That's all I've got. I had a harder time than I thought I would coming up with couples but love in the real world is much different than in fiction (duh). I just don't believe insta-love would last and I believe there must be more basis for love than just a shared experience or having something in common. And just a couple of teens declaring their undying love won't get them on this list either. I need to feel a real connection between characters and a real reason for them to want to be together past them just wanting to love each other. So those are the characters I got. What do you think? Do you agree or disagree with any from my list? What couples made your list? Leave me a link in the comments!