Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish each Tuesday and combines a love of lists with a love of books. This week’s topic is the Top Ten Characters Who Remind Me Of Someone I Know In Real Life. This is a really tough topic, so lets just go ahead and see what we get!
1. Ramona from Ramona and Beezus by Beverly Cleary: Ramona reminds me of my daughter. She is three and very spirited. She isn’t crazy or over-the-top like Ramona, just funny and full of life. Plus she has an older brother that she likes to drive crazy.
2. Mrs. Weasley from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: Mrs. Weasley reminds me of my grandma. She was always fussing over everyone, cooking meals for people, taking caring of them, but also knew how to keep order and put people in their place in her big family.
3. Henry from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare: Henry reminds me of my uncle. He’s not an inventor like Henry, but he very much lives in his own world until someone goes in and pulls him out. And he loves his family like crazy.
4. Peter from Tales of the Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume: Peter reminds me of my son, who is six. He is much more reserved and cautious than his younger sister, like Peter is in relation to his younger brother Fudge. Sometimes he feels like she’s taken over his life but mostly it’s funny to watch him react when his sister does something funny or crazy.
5. Emmett from Twilight by Stephanie Meyer: Emmett reminds me of my cousin who is a trainer at a gym he owns. He’s not quite as goofy as Emmett can sometimes be, but he’s serious about his strength and all the girls are always noticing him.
6. Isabelle from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare: Isabelle reminds me of my good friend who I also lived with during college. She’s strong, loyal, and doesn’t take any shit from anyone. She knows who she is and what she wants and that’s it. I admire that in her.
Okay, I’m maxed out at six. That was hard. I couldn’t even do any characters that reminded me of myself. What’d you all come up with? And are we all looking forward to next week’s topic? I think it’ll be a little bit easier than this one was. 🙂