Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish that combines a love of lists and a love of books. Except for this week because this week’s theme is: Top Ten Blogs/Sites You Read That AREN’T about Books. So here is my list, in no particular order. Warning, there is a high presence of food blogs on this list. I hope you enjoy at least a few of them!
1) The Pioneer Woman : The Pioneer Woman, aka Ree, has a category for everything on her blog: cooking, photography, homeschooling, home and garden, entertainment, and even confessions about herself. She is funny, honest, loves her family, and shares her life with us. You will find something on her site that you like, I promise. If you’re having trouble, check out these cinnamon rolls. They are amazing, I’ve made them so I know.
2) Cake Wrecks : If I need a laugh or distraction at some point during the day, I check out Cake Wrecks. If you haven’t seen it yet, I suggest you start here. I should let you know that some content on this site is not suitable for children.
3) I Heart Faces : I love photography. I Heart Faces was one of the first sites I went to when I wanted to learn more about taking photos. If you’re interested in photography, especially portraits of any kind, check them out. They hold contests as well, if you’re a bit more serious about it all.
4) Bakerella : You know cake pops, right? Bakerella is the original cake pop lady. Her site is gorgeous and her cake pops are amazing. She has tons of other dessert recipes and ideas, but check these out.
5) Bobbi + Mike : Another photography blog, but this husband and wife pair are my favorite. Their photos are amazing, they are super funny, and they make an adorable couple. If you aren’t into photography, at least check out their holiday cards. You won’t regret it.
6) Bake at 350 : Her cookies are amazing and I use her cookie and royal icing recipes whenever I make sugar cookies. But my favorite feature of her site is her Works for Me Wednesday posts where she highlights a tip or shares a secret about cookie making and decorating. Plus, she’s a fan of Harry Potter and she made Butterbeer Cookies. How could I not be a fan of hers?
7) Ikea Hackers : Yep. I’m a fan. It’s crazy some of the stuff people can do. I love it! I’m pretty sure I’m alone on this one.
9) The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle : She also makes cookies. Amazing cookies. I love looking at them, seeing how she creates so many different cookies from one cookie cutter, it’s incredible. Check out these Star Wars Cookies. She also has lots of good recipes and isn’t afraid to show us the messy behind-the-scenes of cookie decorating.
8) Annie’s Eats : Okay, are we seeing a theme here yet? This is another food blog, but seriously, her recipes are amazing, she makes everything, and her site is gorgeous! I regularly make her Deep Dish Pizza and we all love it. Her blog’s tagline is, “Making your days taste better.” And she does!
10) Matt, Liz, and Madeline : Their story is incredible. I can’t remember how I found his website, but I remember coming across it when I was pregnant with my daughter. I read his posts and cried like crazy. He is so honest and his writing style is so unique, I’ve never read anything like it. Matt is an amazing dad and I’m so glad he shares their life with us. Oh, and he wrote a book that came out last year, so this blog might be a cheat, but it’s called Two Kisses for Maddy.
Ok, that’s it for my list. I love all of these sites and hope you’ll check out at least a couple. I can’t wait to find out where other people are visiting. It gives an interesting side to people we don’t normally see in the day-to-day of book blogging! So leave me your link and I’ll come check it out! Happy Tuesday 🙂